Navigation Bar

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sun, sand and jeweled starfish

Starfish are the jewels of the beach, and I'm always so excited when I see a live one in the ocean. I'm obsessed with these creatures and I love the idea of crystal studded starfish jewelry for our wedding.

So, after looking at many gorgeous starfish inspired necklaces, earings, and rings on OverstockSilver.com, I bought some for my girls to wear with their cobalt blue bridesmaid dresses.










I also have my eye on these Juicy Couture Starfish Sandals -- for myself. Starfish will also play a part in wedding guest gift bags. I bought a few packages of realistic looking ceramic starfish (6 for $1.99) at Christmas Tree Shops, and I'll use raffia to tie them onto gift bags.





I'll also use these to create a beachy theme in the entry way of our home and some other areas of the house. We don't live right on the water yet --it's about 10 minutes away -- but my belief is, if you build a beachy home, it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment