Navigation Bar

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's never too late to...learn to surf

The is part of a new series on this blog where I learn to do something new. There are so many things I want to learn to do to make this life as exciting as it can be -- like learning to cook and camp out and ski.

My fiance has been skiing since he was little, so when we started dating four years ago, I gave it a try. I took a lesson and felt like a goofball falling down on the bunny slopes while five year olds flew by me. My skiis popped off, I face planted, I cried and I improved. Now, I love it. There is nothing more exhlirating than cruising down a mountain going so fast you fear you may die but knowing that at least your last moments would be great.


And of course, then there is Apres Ski time.






Last weekend, Rob and I took a surfing lesson through Peter Pan Surfing Academy at Narragansett Beach in Rhode Island. The surf was, well, not very good. The waves were pathetic. But the surfing lesson itself was great. We learned the techniques and when a few respectable waves rolled in, we jumped on our boards and rode those bitches in.



{My fiance surveying the waves -- or lack of}


Granted, I fell off the board more than I stood on it, but that's how I learn what Not to do.

And we can't wait to go surfing again when there are actual waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment