Navigation Bar

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three summer favorites

A few summer things I'm lovin' right now...



1. Cinnamon Simple Syrup




I made this simple syrup using Giada DeLaurentis' recipe, but used raw sugar instead of white sugar. It's the perfect sweet addition to iced coffee, and so easy to make.



Ingredients
2 cups water
3-4 cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 cups raw sugar



Directions
In a small sauce pan, combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon and bring to boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Let it cool and pour it into a glass container. Store it in the fridge and add to iced coffee all summer long.


(Tip: Pour your leftover morning coffee into an icecube tray to create ice cubes that don't water down your iced coffee).



2. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral





I haven't been as diligent as I should about sunscreen over the years, because I like the look of a tan. But it's time to get serious about wrinkle prevention! This is the only sunscreen I've tried for face that doesn't clog pores. Super lightweight and super necessary.


3. Floppy XOXO Beach Hat



My excuse for buying this hat, besides its adorable red silk flower, is that it matches a long red sundress I already own, it will get lots of wear on my honeymoon in Jamaica, and it only cost $10 at Cohoes. Love it when the stars align in my favor.


1 comment: